This course is not running in 2021.
A one-day one-to-one antenatal course
The Mindful Beginnings Antenatal Course is a 1-day course for the pregnant woman and her birthing partner.
The course provides participants with core skills around pregnancy and childbirth. It also equips participants with a strong foundation in mindfulness practice, which has many applications during this period and provides benefits beyond the birth of your baby.
Topics covered include:
- How to cultivate mindfulness
- Power of the breath in labour
- Sitting with uncertainty
- Coping with tress, fatigue, anxiety and fear
- Mindfulness for pain management
- Bonding with your baby during pregnancy
- Coping with unmet expectations
The cost of this course is $595. The birthing partner attends for free. Rebates are available to those with a relevant mental health care plan or private health insurance.
Groups are facilitated by Dr Adrienne Brown, Clinical Psychologist, and co-facilitated with a midwife.