We Belong to Specialist Organisations
Our psychologists are affiliated with the most prestigious and credible organisations for psychologists with a perinatal and infant focus. These organisations are based nationally and internationally, ensuring we stay at the cutting edge of best practice in our field.
All psychologists at the Centre for Perinatal Psychology are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and are members of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), which is the premier organisation for psychologists in Australia. The Centre’s Director, Dr Bronwyn Leigh founded a dedicated APS specialist group, the ‘Perinatal and Infant Psychology Interest Group’ (PIPIG). Our psychologists are also members of various APS Colleges, as well as national and international organisations for parent and infant mental health including the Marcé Society, the Australian Association of Infant Mental Health Inc. (AAIMHI) and the World Association of Infant Mental Health (WAIMH).
- Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- APS PIPIG
- APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- APS College of Health Psychologists
- APS College of Counselling Psychologists
- Australian Association if Infant Mental Health Inc.
- World Association of Infant Mental Health
- Marcé Australasian
- Marcé international
- Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Association (PANDA)
- Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth (ARACY)
- International Association of Infant Massage, Australia
At the Centre for Perinatal Psychology, we enjoy being part of, and contributing to, a vibrant, passionate and committed professional community of perinatal and infant mental health clinicians, researchers and advocates. Working together for the improved wellbeing of all parents and infants is a central goal of the Centre. As a leading organisation in the field we value the associations we have with similar organisations.