A 5-session small group program in Turramurra, Sydney
Being a new mother is a 24/7 job and life post-baby is a transforming time. New mothers need their own special care and support to adjust to the many challenges facing them after birth.
Managing Motherhood is a 5-session small group program that provides new mothers with a safe, nurturing, and non-judgemental environment to explore and appreciate the range of emotions, challenges, and life changes experienced during life post-baby.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding new mother moods,
- Understanding the life changes associated with motherhood; managing the demands of motherhood
- Self-image, self-beliefs & reinventing yourself as a mother
- Self-care: creating time to nurture yourself
- Managing isolation & developing social networks
- Mindful parenting
- Post-baby relationships: partner & other relationships
- Relaxation exercises
Managing Motherhood is suitable for new mothers and is offered in a small group format over 5 weeks with optional monthly booster sessions. Medicare rebates which cover up to 50% of the session fees are available for eligible participants.
Groups are facilitated by Dr Charise Deveney, a Clinical Psychologist and mother.
To make an enquiry about a Managing Motherhood group, please phone 0424 143 473 or contact us.