A 4-session antenatal course in Brunswick, Melbourne
The course provides participants with core skills around pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting. It also equips participants with a strong foundation in mindfulness practice, which has many applications during this period and provides benefits beyond the birth of your baby.
Topics covered include:
- How to bond with your baby during pregnancy
- How to develop a daily mindfulness practice to support yourself through change
- Easy and effective breathing practices to ground, focus and conserve energy in labour
- Using the mind of enable relaxation and softening during labour
- How to bravely meet physical and mental challenges that arise during pregnancy and labour such as stress, fatigue, anxiety and fear
- The essential tools for pain management
- Birth partner guidance
- Protecting your relationship
- Self care and wellbeing after childbirth
- Fostering secure attachment with your child
- Cultivating self-compassion throughout your journey
Groups are facilitated by Dr Adrienne Brown, Clinical Psychologist, and co-facilitated with a midwife.
All courses are run at My Midwives, 31 Weston Street, Brunswick.
The next course will run on Saturday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th November, 10am-1pm.
To make an enquiry about the Mindful Beginnings Antenatal Course, please phone 0406 384 130 or contact us.