“At the heart of effective parenting is our capacity to reflect.” ~ Diane Reynolds, Executive Director, Center for Reflective Communities, Los Angeles
The Centre for Mindful and Reflective Parenting is the parent education arm of the Centre for Perinatal Psychology. We offer group parenting programs that focus on strengthening relationship capacities and facilitating joyful and confident parenting. We are interested in providing specialist group programs that are informed by attachment theory. We also work to enhance parents’ skills in thinking about the internal world of their baby – what s/he might be needing, wanting, feeling and thinking.
The Centre for Mindful and Reflective Parenting proudly offers six core group programs: Mindfully Parenting Your Baby, Managing Motherhood, Discovering Your GLOW, Mum’s Space and the internationally acclaimed Circle of Security Parenting groups.
- Discovering Your GLOW – A Perinatal Depression and Anxiety Group is a 6 week group for pregnant and postnatal mothers including a Saturday partner session. Groups are held in Berwick, Melbourne. Read more here.
- Mindful Beginnings Antenatal Courses is a 4-week program for the pregnant woman and her birthing partner. Groups are held in Brunswick, Melbourne. Read more here.
- Mindfully Parenting Your Baby is our signature group program developed by the Centre’s Director, Dr Bronwyn Leigh. It is a unique 6-session group program for parents and their babies aged 3- 9 months. The program integrates skills in mindfulness and parental reflection, and explores ways to enhance infant emotional development. Groups are held in Melbourne. Read more here.
- Managing Motherhood provides new mothers with a safe, nurturing, and non-judgemental environment to explore and appreciate the range of emotions, challenges, and life changes experienced during life post-baby. Groups are held in Turramurra, Sydney. Read more here.
- Mum’s Space offers a space to connect, grow and share with like-minded mamas, develop mindfulness skills, discover your parenting strengths and ‘tune in’ to you and your baby. Groups are held in Perth, WA. Read more here.
- Circle of Security Parenting Education provides parents a ‘roadmap’ to identify, understand and respond to their child’s emotional needs. Many of our psychologists are Registered Circle of Security Parent Educators. Read more here.