Location AddressHappy Minds Psychology
116 High Street
Drysdale VIC 3222
MScFPsych, MScCPsych, BA(Hons), AssocMAPS, MBPss ANZICA, FSA
Sarah-Jayne has worked in private practice for over twelve years. She works with women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant or are already parents. She is experienced working with women and couples committed to pursuing their dream of having a family, whether via IVF, surrogacy, sperm or egg donation, or adoption. She is passionate about helping parents manage parenting and create secure attachments to their young children.
Sarah-Jayne works with women during the perinatal period who are experiencing feelings of anxiety, have experienced loss or trauma, or who find their new reality challenging.
You will usually find Sarah-Jayne with her head stuck in a book and a cup of tea in her hand in between appointments or spending time with her young family outside of her work. Her therapeutic style is warm and relaxed, and she creates a space where client’s feel understood, accepted and empowered. Sarah-Jayne draws from several treatment modalities, including Positive Psychology, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
Sarah-Jayne works with clients who have found that life can be challenging at times, particularly regarding anything related to having a family. Her aim is to act as your cheerleader, the person who will support you to play the cards that life has dealt you with wisdom and grace. To tackle together the challenges life has thrown at you, adding some essential strategies to your toolbox of coping skills.
Areas of Special Interest
- Preconception, including fertility issues
- Perinatal loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Premature Birth
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent-infant attachment
- Adjustment issues
- Couple relationship
- Associate Member Australian Psychological Society (Assoc MAPS)
- Member APS Perinatal and Infant Psychology Interest Group (PIPIG)
- Member International Marcé Society
- Member Australasian Marcé Society
- Member World Association of Infant Mental Health (WAIMH)
- Member Australian Association of Infant Mental Health (AAIMHI)
- Member Circle of Security International Parenting Facilitator
- Member Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia & Clinical Ambassador (PANDA)
- Member British Psychological Society
Fees & Rebates
Cost: $210 per 50-minute session *Medicare Rebate: $88.25
Out-of-pocket: $121.75 per session
*Medicare rebates are available to those who have a referral and Mental Health Care Plan from their GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician. This must be in place prior to the first claimable session.
Available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
Contact: 03 5292 8833 or use the ‘contact’ button below