Location AddressGLOW Clinic
Cabrini Mother and Baby Centre
Level 2, 183 Wattletree Road
Malvern VIC 3144
B.A.(Hons.), MPsych (Clinical), MAPS
Romy Briner is a registered Clinical and Perinatal Psychologist with a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology. She is passionate about supporting parents and infants during the perinatal period, and understands the importance of people being able to receive non-judgmental and compassionate care during this tender time.
Romy provides individual psychotherapy. Some of the issues she can help with include:
- Treatment for depression and/or anxiety in pregnancy and the postpartum.
- Support in one’s recovery from a traumatic birth.
- Coping with the adjustment to parenthood, including changes in the couple’s relationship.
- Strengthening one’s bond with baby.
- Processing childhood issues that may arise during pregnancy or after birth.
- Processing grief following a perinatal loss, including miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal death.
- Coping with stress and uncertainty when faced with fertility issues.
- Working through issues regarding termination of pregnancy.
“I recognise that reaching out to a psychologist takes considerable courage. I aim to provide a safe space for clients to put their thoughts and feelings into words so they can make sense of their current difficulties and find ways to create meaningful change. I hope to help people find fulfilment in their parenting experience, and to foster a secure and loving bond with their infant.”
Romy uses psychodynamic and attachment-informed principles as the foundation of her therapeutic work. She also incorporates aspects of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Babies are welcome to attend sessions.
In addition to her formal psychology education, Romy has completed an introductory course in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy through the Victorian Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists (VAPP) and training in the Circle of Security-Parenting program. She participates in ongoing professional development through the Centre for Perinatal Psychology.
Areas of Special Interest
- Preconception, including fertility issues
- Perinatal loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Premature Birth
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent-infant attachment
- Adjustment issues
- Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member APS Perinatal and Infant Psychology Interest Group (PIPIG)
- Member Circle of Security International Parenting Facilitator
Fees & Rebates
Cost: $263 per 50-minute session *Medicare Rebate: $136.35
Out-of-pocket: $126.65 per session
*Medicare rebates are available to those who have a referral and Mental Health Care Plan from their GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician. This must be in place prior to the first claimable session.
Available: Mondays and Tuesdays (8.30am-4.30pm)
Contact Glow Clinic on 03 9769 5606 or use the online contact button below