Location AddressSeeds for Hope Perinatal Psychology
112 Drummond St North
Ballarat VIC, 3350
Perinatal and Reproductive Psychologist
BA in Psych, PGDip Psych, PGDip App Psych
Lisa is a Perinatal and Reproductive Psychologist, and Senior IVF Counsellor, and is a registered infertility counsellor with the Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellors Association. She also holds memberships with key infertility groups across the globe.
Lisa’s interest in perinatal and reproductive psychology stemmed from her own experiences of infertility, infertility treatment, and challenges with accessing supports during and after these experiences.
Lisa works with women, men and couples, who are navigating all stages of reproduction and early parenting. With a specific focus on support through infertility, navigating reproductive trauma and challenges including loss, infertility and pregnancy after infertility and loss. Lisa also supports parents in their transition to parenthood without a history of loss or infertility, and those who are navigating perinatal mental health while transitioning through pregnancy and into the postpartum.
Lisa works through a grief and loss and attachment lens, and drawing on range of therapeutic modalities, including ACT, Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Therapy.
Lisa has undertaken further training in infertility and reproduction with world leaders in infertility and reproductive psychology, completing the Fertility Counseling Postgraduate Course (FCPC) with Sharon Covington and Linda Applegarth, as well as Reproductive Psychology with Dr Julie Bindeman.
Areas of Special Interest
- Preconception, including fertility issues
- Perinatal loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Premature Birth
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent-infant attachment
- Adjustment issues
- Eating disorders
- Member Australian Association of Psychologists INC (AAPi)
- Member International Marcé Society
- Member Australasian Marcé Society
- Member Australian Association of Infant Mental Health (AAIMHI)
- Fertility Society of Australia & New Zealand (FSANZ)
- Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellor Association (ANZICA)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) – Mental Health Professional Group (MHPG)
- British Infertility Counsellors Association (BICA)
Fees & Rebates
Cost: $190 per 50-minute session *Medicare Rebate: $92.90
Out-of-pocket: $97.10 per session
*Medicare rebates are available to those who have a referral and Mental Health Care Plan from their GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician. This must be in place prior to the first claimable session.
Available Tuesday to Friday
Contact: use the ‘contact’ button below to make an online enquiry direct to Lisa