Location AddressEastbourne House
62 Wellington Parade
East Melbourne VIC 3002
0408 830 906
Clinical and Counselling Psychologist
B.A.(Hons.), MPsych, MAPS CCLP CCOUNP
Nikki is a Clinical and Counselling Psychologist with specific interest and expertise in working with men, women, couples and parent/infant dyads on a range of issues during the perinatal period. Her focus is on supporting parents’ mental health and emotional well-being while also helping parents to develop positive attachment relationships with their infants and strengthening their parental reflective capacity.
She has specialised in perinatal and infant mental health for fifteen years, and specifically focuses on all stages of the transition to parenting, from planning to have a child up to three years postpartum.
Nikki works with clients on a range of issues that occur at this significant time our lives. Specifically this may include infertility, perinatal (ante & postnatal) mood disturbance, birth trauma, adjustment to parenting, grief and loss, parent-infant interactions and attachment as well as maintaining a healthy couple relationship in the transition to parenting.
Nikki works collaboratively with clients and utilises a range of therapeutic approaches individualised to clients’ needs. She uses short and medium term therapy strategies using a combination of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Mindfulness Therapy. She also draws on systems and attachment theory to better understand the dynamics of the family and enhance relationships. In addition, Nikki has regularly provided training to therapeutic and support staff in the field of perinatal and infant mental health.
Parents are encouraged to bring their baby to sessions.
Areas of Special Interest
- Preconception, including fertility issues
- Perinatal loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Premature Birth
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent-infant attachment
- Couple relationship
- Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member APS College of Clinical Psychologists (CCLP)
- Member APS College of Counselling Psychologists (CCOUNP)
- Member APS Perinatal and Infant Psychology Interest Group (PIPIG)
- Member World Association of Infant Mental Health (WAIMH)
- Member Australian Association of Infant Mental Health (AAIMHI)
- Member Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia (PANDA)
- Member Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth (ARACY)
Fees & Rebates
Cost: $200 per 50-minute session *Medicare Rebate: $124.50
Out-of-pocket: $75.50 per session
*Medicare rebates are available to those who have a referral and Mental Health Care Plan from their GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician. This must be in place prior to the first claimable session.
Available Wednesdays and Thursdays
Contact: 0408 830 906
Also consulting in Fairfield (Mondays and Thursdays)