Location AddressLoxton Health Centre
11 Anzac Cres
Loxton SA 5333
B.Sc. Psych (Hons), Grad. Dip. Mental Health Sciences (Child, Adolescent, Family Therapies), MAPS MCCOUNP
Allison is an Adelaide based psychologist and mother of 3 children. She has worked with children, adolescents and adults in both the private and public sector for over 25 years. She has a particular interest and expertise in supporting families throughout the perinatal period. New parents can often experience significant changes with their identities, their life responsibilities and their relationships when a baby is born. With warmth and compassion, Allison is able to provide a safe and nurturing environment for parents to express their concerns in relation to adjustment issues, mental health problems and their emotional wellbeing, as they negotiate the stages from preconception and pregnancy through to the time when their child is 3 years of age.
Individual therapy is provided so as to address difficulties including the re-emergence or development of symptoms of depression or anxiety, difficulties with adjustment to a pregnancy, anxiety and difficulties surrounding factors related to the birth, difficulty coping with adjustment to parenthood, perinatal grief and loss, an increase in stress levels and issues related to low parental confidence and self-esteem. Allison may also assist parents to negotiate the transitions and adjustments that come with changes in family roles and relationship, as well as concerns which may emerge from their own experience of being parented.
Allison works collaboratively with clients and employs a range of therapeutic approaches that are tailored to each individual client’s needs. She works to establish a clear understanding of the symptoms they are experiencing, employing a combination of CBT, ACT, Mindfulness Based Therapies and Solution – Focused Therapies and draws on Systems and Attachment Theory to better understand the individual and how they relate to their family and others.
Areas of Special Interest
- Preconception, including fertility issues
- Perinatal Loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth Trauma
- Premature Birth
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent- infant attachment
- Adjustment issues
- Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member APS College of Counselling Psychologists (CCOUNP)
- Member APS Perinatal & Infant Psychology Interest Group (PIPIG)
- Member International Marce Society
- Member Australasian Marce Society
- Member Circle of Security International parenting Facilitator
- Member World Association of Infant Mental Health (WAIMH)
Fees & Rebates
Cost: $140 per 50 minute session *Medicare Rebate $84.80
Out of Pocket: $55.20
Payment options: Cash, cheque or direct funds transfer
* Medicare rebates are available to those who have a referral and Mental Health Care Plan from their GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. This must be in place prior to the first claimable session.
Mondays and Wednesdays
Parents are welcome to bring their Babies and/or Toddlers
Also available in Adelaide CBD on Thursdays, Fridays and SaturdaysContact Allison Carcary Now