Dr Bronwyn Leigh
Location Address5A Railway Place
Fairfield VIC 3078
Dr Bronwyn Leigh
Director – Clinical Psychologist & Parenting Consultant
B.A. (Hons), DPsych., MAPS, CCLIN
Bronwyn enjoys working with parents and infants during this very tender and important life phase. Her goal is to support mothers and fathers as they navigate through the challenges that arise at various points in their perinatal journey. She is the Director of the Centre for Perinatal Psychology.
Bronwyn is concerned with issues spanning the perinatal period from planning of conception, through pregnancy and in the postpartum. Her primary interests are in attachment relationships, perinatal depression and anxiety (Mums and Dads) and infant/toddler social and emotional development. Bronwyn sees people who are struggling to adjust to a new life as well as those who are unwell with a mental health diagnosis. She has a long-standing interest in fertility issues, assisted conception and perinatal loss. Bronwyn actively supports single parents and same sex families.
Bronwyn is deeply interested in exploring ways to facilitate joyful parenting and a secure, loving bond between parents and infants and to assist parents manage their crises of confidence in parenting their baby. Bronwyn devised the Mindfully Parenting Your Baby group program and regularly runs it in community houses in Melbourne. Mindfully Parenting Your Baby is a postnatal program for parents and their babies, which focuses on mindfulness and reflective parenting skills. She is also a Registered Circle of Security Parent Educator.
Bronwyn is co-author of Towards Parenthood: Preparing for the Changes and Challenges of a New Baby. Towards Parenthood is a self-help workbook supporting soon-to-be and new parents prepare for the emotional changes and challenges of parenthood. It strengthens your relationship with your baby and your partner, while providing coping strategies to help you transition to your new role. Adjusting to the demands of parenting is challenging for us all – this book can help.
Bronwyn provides both short and long-term therapy. She uses various therapeutic approaches and tries to understand the problems families bring by considering all family members.
Parents are welcome to bring their baby to sessions.
Areas of Special Interest
- Preconception, including fertility issues
- Perinatal loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Premature Birth
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent-infant attachment
- Adjustment issues
- Couple relationship
- Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member APS College of Clinical Psychologists (CCLIN)
- Member APS College of Health Psychologists (MCHP)
- Founding member and inaugural convener, APS Perinatal and Infant Psychology Interest Group (PIPIG)
- Member APS Gay & Lesbian Issues in Psychology Interest Group
- Member APS Psychoanalytically-Oriented Psychology Interest Group
- Member International Marcé Society
- Member Australasian Marcé Society
- Member World Association of Infant Mental Health (WAIMH)
- Member Australian Association of Infant Mental Health (AAIMHI)
- Member Circle of Security International Parenting Facilitator
- Member Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia (PANDA)
- Member Marcé International Biennial Conference 2016 Local Subcommittee
- Member SMS4dads Project Reference Group
- Member International Association of Infant Massage, Australia
- Member Golden Key International Honour Society
Fees and Rebates
Cost: Weekdays $180 per 50-minute session; Saturdays $200 per 50-minute session. *Medicare Rebate: $124.50
Out-of-pocket: $55.50-$75.50 per session
*Medicare rebates are available to those who have a referral and Mental Health Care Plan from their GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician. This must be in place prior to the first claimable session.
Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.Book Dr Bronwyn Leigh Now